Taking Care of Your Jewellery
FACTS ABOUT YOUR JEWELLLERY
JEWEL TREE LONDON products are made of sterling silver. While some pieces have a natural silver finish some are plated with 18carat gold or rose gold.
14carat and 18carat (Rose) Gold Plating refers to the colour tone of the gold plating, even though the gold used is 24carat. We use 3 micron plating. The plating on rings do tend to wear out the quickest compared to items like earrings.
Our products come with high polish or matt surfaces. Matt surfaces will become shinier with wear, while any plated surfaces can fade with use over a period of time. You can always replate your jewellery piece when needed. Always check the locks and clasps on your jewellery pieces for firmness before sending it for replating.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR JEWELLERY
To keep your jewellery looking their best, always make sure that every piece is individually stored in an airtight plastic bag or within a soft lined pouch or box to stop them being scratched or tangled. Every piece that you purchase from us will come with a suede pouch and a beautiful box to inspire you to take good care of your purchase.
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage or tangling up in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
- Use a soft, lint free cloth to keep silver, 18ct yellow and rose gold jewellery looking shiny and lustrous. A silver cleaner can also be used to clean sterling silver pieces
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- We strongly recommend removing jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea or in chlorinated water.
- Do not leave your jewellery in the bathroom because your silver pieces will tarnish faster.
- Do avoid spraying perfumes or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- Since many gemstones are quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times. We advise cleaning your precious stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing. Ensure that the stone is nice and dry before storing away. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
- We do not add Nickel to our Jewellery, however there can be small traces. A small number of people who are hypersensitive may suffer a reaction.